Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'BARAKAH' Place


Al Hussain Mosque (Variant Names Sayyidna Al-Hussayn Mosque, Husayn/Hussein/al-Hussein/Sayyiduna al-Husayn Mosque) is a very old mosque (Built: 1154) of Cairo, Egypt near the famous Khan El-Khalili bazaar. The mosque, considered to be one of the holiest Islamic sites in Cairo, was build on the cemetery of the Fatimid caliphs, a fact that was later discovered during the excavation. The mausoleum (dating back to 1154) is the oldest part of the complex.[1]
The Mosque houses some of very sacred items like the oldest believed complete manuscript of the Holy Quran.[2]



I was excited when Brunei Resources Blog recited my comment about SOAS mosque. I have to say recently my feeling about spirituallity grow stronger along with time. One aspect of spirituallism which can be considered an influence is the sacred or holy site or in this case the mosque. SOAS mosque is the second oldest usable mosque in Brunei. I remember when my late father told me that this mosque is so sacred or 'barakah' due to the fact it is also a place where 'muslim jins' performed their prayers. Some says 'they' usually pray under the 'mimbar' or near the escalator leading to the vip prayer hall. Wallahuaklam!

No comments: